5 well-being quick wins
Your well-being is a serious and important issue. We also recognise that many are you are out of usual routines, missing the things that help with your well-being, we are busy dealing with unpredictable times and getting to grips with coping during Coronavirus. Starting new long lasting things to help with our well-being might not be top of our list at the moment.
How about 5 quick wins that carers like you have been telling us are helping in the day-to-day?
1. Get creative with a hobby or craft. A few ideas we have had from carers this week - painting a rainbow to put in the window, finishing off a knitting project (after 10 years) and making a tortoise from a hanging basket
2. Look out for 5 minute mindfulness or meditation sessions on facebook or Youtube - James found this one
3. Shrink down your to do list and focus on one or two things to achieve and be satisfied with that - a way of being kind to yourself. In a recent Virtual Cuppa for Carers everyone loved this quote "If we say no today we'll be able to say yes tomorrow"
4. Play a song that gets you moving and lifts your mood. Plenty of ideas on our Mobilise play list. A carer I was chatting to today nudged me to dip into some Northern Soul - try this
5. If you have a pet you will know how good they can be for your well-being. If you don't have one you could have a video chat with someone else's pet. Or failing that find some cute animal videos. We've met some lovely dogs and cats on our Virtual Cuppas for Carers.
What other quick wins for well-being can you suggest? Do add your thoughts in the comments below.